How to Scan Documents With iOS (iPhone or iPAD)
The release of iOS 11 added a new scanning feature to Notes. Just follow the directions below and begin scanning your documents.
For visual assistance, here is a simple video tutorial.
- Open the Notes app and tap the icon to create a new note.
- Tap the Camera icon above the keyboard and select Scan Document.
- Position the phone camera over the document. The Notes app automatically focuses and captures an image. You can also do it manually by tapping the shutter button.
- After you scan a page, drag the handles to crop the scan. Tap Keep Scan to continue.
- You can also type Retake to scan the document again.
- Repeat this process for all the pages you want to scan. When you’re finished, press Save.
How to Scan Documents with Android
To begin scanning documents you’ll need the free and helpful Google Drive app installed to scan documents with Android. The app generally comes pre-installed on Android devices. From there, you can just follow the instructions below.
For visual assistance, check out this simple video tutorial.
- Open Google Drive and tap the + symbol.
- Under the Create New tab, select Scan.
- Position the phone camera over the document and tap the Shutter button when you’re ready to capture the image.
- Tap the checkmark to keep the scan or tap the trash icon to delete it.
- Tap the + symbol to scan more images or tap the checkmark to finish and upload your document to Google Drive.
- When you finish scanning, enter a file name for your new PDF and choose which folder to save it in.