Important Dates and Deadlines
|Semester||Allowable Employment Dates|
|Summer||05/16/2017 – 08/15/2017|
|Fall||08/16/2017 – 12/21/2017|
|Spring||01/02/2018 – 05/15/2018|
- All allowable start dates are contingent upon Satisfactory Academic Progress and minimum part-time enrollment.
- The last day to work, regardless of the day of the semester, is when the student depletes their funding.
- Work-study students are only eligible to work 20 hours per week during any given semester.
- The Financial Aid Office bills back any overages to the department at 100%.
- A graduating student may not be employed as a student employee past the date of course work completion. The last day of classes is the last day a graduating student is allowed to work.
Posting a Job
You will be required to create an account in the Financial Aid Work-study Aggie Career Manager to post work-study positions.
Please follow these instructions:
- Go to the web page for Work-study Employers.
- If you are a registered user, simply type your username and password, and then click Login.
- If you are a new registrant, proceed to “Click here to Register“.
- Fill out your employer’s profile.
- Under “My Job Postings” tab, create a New Job and fill out the required fields and job description.
- Review and save your job posting, the posting will be pending until the Office of Financial Aid approves it. (Remember: An accurate job description can promote a better selection of student employees which ultimately leads to better work performance and employee relations).
- Once the job posting is approved, students will be able to view and apply for your job posting using their Career Services student account.
Note: When interviewing for a work-study position, please make sure that the student has been awarded work-study funds, otherwise the student cannot be hired for a work-study position.
Download the Work-Study Earnings Calculator (Excel file) to determine the amount of work-study funds that have not been used.