Need help with your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)? Well, NMSU Financial Aid is now offering consultations to guide you on completing your FAFSA as well as answer your questions.
Hours of Service
- We are available Monday- Friday 1 pm – 4 pm mountain standard time.
- Consultations need to be made 3 business days in advance. Consultations must be confirmed by our team. Any non-confirmed appointments will be denied.
- Each meeting is 30 minutes long unless more time is determined to be needed by our team.
Prepare for Your Appointment
- Have FSA ID (for student and parents if under the age of 24) set up at studentaid.gov/fsa-id
- Login into studentaid.gov/FAFSA and test out your log in the day before your consultation.
Prepare tax documentation for each year. Each form requires the prior-prior year tax documentation (Tax Returns, W2s, etc…) Example: 2020-21 requires 2018 documentation and 2021-22 requires 2019 documentation.
Activate your NMSU Zoom account and test Microphone and Share screen capabilities on your device, preferably a desktop or laptop.
- Show up on time and take a deep breath because the FAFSA is one step closer to getting your degree! If you are running late, please be advised that after 10 minutes we will request for you to reschedule.