Important Dates and Deadlines:
|Semester||Allowable Employment Dates|
|Fall||08/16/2014 – 12/23/2014|
|Spring||01/05/2015 – 05/15/2015|
|Summer||05/16/2015 – 08/15/2015|
- All allowable start dates are contingent upon Satisfactory Academic Progress and minimum part time enrollment.
- The last day to work, regardless of the day of the semester, is when the student depletes their funding.
- Work-study students are only eligible to work 20 hours per week during any given semester.
- The Financial Aid Office bills back any overages to the department at 100%.
You will be required to create an account in the Financial Aid Work-study Aggie Career Manager to post work-study positions.
Please follow these instructions:
- Go to the web page for Work-study Employers.
- If you are a registered user, simply type your username and password, and then click Login.
- If you are a new registrant, proceed to “Click here to Register“.
- Fill out your employer’s profile.
- Under “My Job Postings” tab, create a New Job and fill out the required fields and job description.
- Review and save your job posting, the posting will be pending until the Office of Financial Aid approves it. (Remember: An accurate job description can promote a better selection of student employees which ultimately leads to better work performance and employee relations).
- Once the job posting is approved, students will be able to view and apply for your job posting using their Career Services student account.
Note: When interviewing for a work-study position, please make sure that the student has been awarded work-study funds, otherwise the student cannot be hired under for a work-study position.
The following link will take you to an Excel spreadsheet, designed to be used as an earnings calculator. Clicking the link will download the spreadsheet to your computer terminal, where you may save it and use it at your convenience. You must have Microsoft Excel in order to use this calculator.