LIMITED MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Eligible student are awarded NMSU tuition rates. To be eligible a student must be:
- admitted to the NMSU – Las Cruces campus as a degree seeking graduate student in academic good standing.
- a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Students must be members of an American Indian nation, tribe or pueblo, located wholly or partially in New Mexico, regardless of the residence of the member prior to acceptance at NMSU and be nominated by Tribal or Pueblo Counsel. These include members of the following tribes or pueblos: Jicarilla Apache, Mescalero Apache, Taos pueblo, Picuris pueblo, Ohkay Owingeh, Santa Clara pueblo, Nambe pueblo, San Ildefonso pueblo, Pojoaque pueblo, Tesuque pueblo, Cochiti pueblo, Jemez pueblo, Santo Domingo pueblo, San Felipe pueblo, Zia pueblo, Santa Ana pueblo, Sandia pueblo, Isleta pueblo, Laguna pueblo, Acoma pueblo, Zuni pueblo, and the Ute Mountain tribe.
- complete 12 undergraduate hours each semester
- maintain a semester GPA of 2.0 or better
- be nominated by the Tribe or Pueblo every year
Note: For further information contact NMSU American Indian Program, http://aip.nmsu.edu/