For Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Eligible undergraduate and graduate students are assessed a tuition rate very similar to New Mexico tuition rates. To be eligible, a student must be admitted to the NMSU – Las Cruces campus as a degree seeking student in academic good standing.
- Undergraduate incoming freshmen must meet standard freshman admission requirements.
- Undergraduate transfer students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and meet standard admission requirements.
- Graduate students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and meet standard graduate school admission requirements.
- The student must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- The student must be a resident of Texas and live within 135 miles of the NMSU main campus.
Undergraduate student renewal requirements:
- The undergraduate student must complete 12 undergraduate hours each semester.
- The undergraduate student must earn a minimum 2.5 semester GPA
- The waiver is renewable for a maximum of eight (8) semesters, provided the student meets all other eligibility requirements
Graduate student renewal requirements:
- The graduate student must complete a minimum of 9 graduate hours each semester
- The graduate student must earn a minimum of 3.0 semester GPA
- The graduate student waiver is renewable for a maximum of six (6) semesters, provided the student meets all other eligibility requirements
Note: Participation for students transferring to NMSU will be reduced by the number of semesters transferred.