Many tribes give scholarships to students. A student must submit a signed financial need analysis form to the scholarship department. If you receive a tribal scholarship please notify the donor once you have made a decision on which institution you wish to attend and when you will graduate. You should contact the scholarship department in Financial Aid and Scholarship Services at least one month prior to classes begin in order to have your scholarship show up on time.
- Enrollment requirements are determined by donor
- Pays towards students (Tuition and Fees, Room and Board, Course Fees) not met with other Financial Aid or Scholarships
- If you drop/withdraw from a class or withdraw from the semester the award may be cancelled/reduced
- Submit a FAFSA by the March 1st deadline and follow-up on processing of FAFSA awards.
- Submit signed need analysis form to be completed by scholarship department before the scholarship deadline.
- Register for the semester and provide a copy of the registration document to donor if required
- Provide donor with Student Banner ID and address to remit payment to NMSU:
New Mexico State University
Financial Aid and Scholarship Department
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
- Provide the Scholarship Department with award letter from donor, award letter should include student name, banner ID number, and semester awarded
- If you receive a check directly from the donor submit the check and a copy of the award letter to the scholarship department. Donor check or check stub should include student name, banner ID number, and semester awarded
- Completes and submits need analysis form to tribal agency based on FAFSA completed and awarded files.
- Verifies your enrollment
- Posts award to pay to your student account
- Will send letter verifying student enrollment if requested in award letter
Need to Know
- If you drop/withdraw from a class or withdraw from the semester the award may be cancelled/reduced which can result in a balance owed to the school. You will be responsible for your account balance.
- Donor of award for inquiries into eligibility and renewal requirements
- Financial Aid Office for inquiries on processing awards and the possible impact on your Financial Aid (575) 646-4597
- University Accounts Receivable for inquiries into student refunds or balance inquiries. (575) 646-4911