The Transfer Achievement Scholarship is for new students transferring from community colleges ONLY. Students must complete the Scholar Dollar$ scholarship application by March 3rd in order to be considered. The scholarship is awarded to students who start either fall or spring semester.
- First award: $2500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.50-4.00
- Second award: $1500 for the year will be awarded if the transferable GPA is 3.00-3.49
- Attend community college(s) ONLY before transferring to NMSU
- Complete a minimum of 30 (90 maximum) transferable semester hours with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as computed by the NMSU Office of Admissions)
- Advanced placement, dual credit hours or credits by exam are not included in the 30 transfer hour requirement.
- Submit official college transcript(s) to the Office of Admission from all colleges attended in order to verify eligibility
- Admitted to the Main Las Cruces campus
- Seeking Bachelor’s degree
- Enroll in and earn 12 new graded credit hours for the first regular semester
- Enroll in and earn a minimum of 12 semester hours of new academic credit at NMSU following the first regular semester
- First award: 3.5 – 4.0 semester NMSU GPA
- Second award: 3.0 – 3.49 semester NMSU GPA
- Consecutive enrollment
- 4 semester maximum or attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree (graduation), whichever comes first
- Students who lose eligibility may only be considered for Lottery
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours.