Students applying for the Out-of-State Competitive Scholarship must complete the Scholar Dollar$ scholarship application by March 3rd in order to be considered.
The number of awards is limited.
Tuition reduced to the New Mexico resident rate; $100 stipend/semester.
- Non-New Mexico resident
- Admitted to the Main Las Cruces campus by March 1st
- Enrolled in 15 new credit hours at the Las Cruces campus**
- Seeking a Bachelor’s Degree
- Freshman: 3.5 GPA and 23 ACT or 3.0 GPA and 26 ACT
- Transfer: 3.5 cumulative GPA or have freshman criteria
- Scholarship application submitted by March 1st
- Enroll in 15 new credit hours at the Las Cruces campus each semester following the first semester of regular enrollment**
- 3.5 cumulative NMSU GPA
- 8 semester maximum or attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree (graduation), whichever comes first
For transfer students, the semester maximum includes all transfer semesters from previous institution(s)
Note: If you participate in this scholarship program you are ineligible for New Mexico residency. If you wish to establish New Mexico residency, you may not begin the application process until after having discontinued the scholarship program for one full year.
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours.