For information on the status of the New Mexico Legislative Lottery scholarship, visit http://fa.nmsu.edu/lottery.
Award: Tuition ONLY, varying amounts. (Stated semester rates at NMSU include both tuition and required fees.)
Legacy students: Students who have received at least three semesters of Legislative Lottery Scholarship by Spring of 2014 are considered legacy students.
Legacy students must be:
- Seeking a Bachelor Degree
- Enrolled in and pass 12 new graded credit hours each semester**
- Maintaining a 2.5 cumulative GPA each semester
- Maintaining consecutive enrollment
Scholarship duration is:
- 8 semester maximum at a 4-year institution or attainment of a Bachelor Degree (graduation), whichever comes first
- Students who lose their scholarship may submit an appeal for reconsideration due to extenuating circumstances***
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours.
*** If initial eligibility has already been established, probation semester(s) may be granted to allow recipients to attempt to regain eligibility. Students do not receive the Legislative Lottery Scholarship while on probation. Probation semester apply to semester maximums.
The amount of the Lottery Scholarship is set annually by June 1 by the New Mexico Higher Education Department and can only be applied to tuition. Students are responsible for unpaid tuition and fees, unless other scholarships or grants cover these costs.
The rules and regulations for the Lottery Scholarship for all students, legacy or otherwise, are determined by and are subject to change by the New Mexico Higher Education Department and the New Mexico Legislature.