The New Mexico Scholars’ Scholarship is for students under the age of 22 who have never attended college.
Award: Exact tuition and standard fees; book allowance
- New Mexico resident
- New Mexico high school graduate
- Enrolled by age 21
- Admitted to the Main Las Cruces campus
- Enrolled in 12 new credit hours at the Main Las Cruces campus the first semester**
- 25 ACT or 1160 SAT or top 5 percent high school graduating class
- Adjusted gross income or combined family income not to exceed $60,000 per year.
- Completion of a FAFSA is recommended, otherwise an income tax return is required
- Seeking a Bachelor’s Degree
- Enroll in 12 new credit hours at the Main Las Cruces campus each semester following the first semester
- Earn 24 new credit hours each academic year (fall and spring) at the Main Las Cruces campus**
- 3.5 cumulative NMSU GPA
- 8 semester maximum or attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree (graduation), whichever comes first
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours.