For information on the status of the New Mexico Legislative Lottery scholarship, visit http://fa.nmsu.edu/lottery.
The Legislative Lottery Scholarship is automatically awarded to qualified students starting the 2nd semester of their freshman year. No application is necessary and there is no admissions deadline.
Award: Tuition ONLY, varying amounts. (Stated semester rates at NMSU include both tuition and required fees.)
- Enrolled in the first regular semester immediately following graduation from a New Mexico high school or receiving a New Mexico GED
- New Mexico resident
- Seeking a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must pass and complete 12 new graded credit hours at the end of the first semester
- 2.5 semester GPA for the first semester
- N.M. homeschoolers must have a GED to be eligible for award. The GED must be dated prior to the first day of classes of the entering semester.
- Must pass and complete 12 new graded credit hours each semester after the first qualifying semester
- 2.5 cumulative GPA each semester
- 8 semester maximum at a 4-year institution or attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree (graduation), whichever comes first
** Developmental courses and other degree requirements that are only taught at the NMSU Community Colleges will count toward the minimum required hours.
The amount of the New Mexico Legislative Lottery Scholarship is subject to change by the New Mexico Higher Education Department or the New Mexico Legislature.